Why use recycled cotton?
Our cotton canvas bags are made from post-industrial recycled cotton. Waste (such as scraps, mis-cuttings or unused fabric) from the manufacture of other cotton products are diverted away from landfill and recycled to be reused.
Cotton is a resource intense crop as it requires large amounts of water and pesticides to grow. Using recycled cotton diverts waste away from landfill, reduces pollution from cotton agriculture and lowers overall manufacturing energy consumption.
The process of recycling cotton
Post industrial waste from cotton production is recovered to be recycled. These are shredded and chopped up. Only items that are 100% cotton are used, and there is no polyester, rayon or other materials.
The process of chopping up the fabric makes the fibres too short, so it is blended with virgin cotton yarn to improve strength.
A new yarn is formed and weaved into a canvas fabric.
|Our Recycled Cotton Canvas bags are made from 65% recycled cotton and 35% virgin cotton and is certified by the Global Recycle Standard.|
Benefits of recycled cotton
- A sustainable and environmental option to regular cotton
- Reduces the harsh process of cotton farming
- Recycling post industrial waste that will otherwise be discarded reduces the need for landfill space
- Can be recycled again as cotton is biodegradable and compostable
- All properties of cotton are maintained; durability, strength, softness and easy care
Caring for Recycled Cotton CanvasCleaning and caring for your bag is easy. Machine wash cold, line dry and low iron to rid of creases.
If you have further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click to use the Contact Form.